STEEL INSULATED ROLL-UP
Steel Insulated Roll-Up Doors are an effective thermal barrier is created by the combination of 22 gage (min.) steel flat faced slats. Expanded polystyrene foam, 3/4" thick, is laid in place for complete coverage and concealed by a 24 gauge back slat (22 gauge back slat optional). Doors can be manufactured to fit openings of up to 40' in width, and to meet a diversity of commercial application requirements. Doors can be obtained in prime finish or galvanized steel, and can be motor, chain hoist, crank or manually operated. Possible applications include but are not limited to warehouses, loading docks, aircraft hangers, crane-way openings, and small opening protection.
• GENERAL SPECIFICATIONS
Steel Roll-Up Doors will be designated as Model IS__## as manufactured by Best Roll-Up Door, Inc.
- Mounting: The door can be face mounted or mounted between jambs of a prepared opening.
Opening preparations, miscellaneous or structural steel, field painting or finish, access panels, electrical wires, wiring, switch connection, conduit will be handled by the appropriate trades.
• PRODUCT SPECIFICATIONS
- Slats: Interlocking type ____ flat slats are roll formed from galvanized steel coil.
- Gauge: Available steel slat thicknesses are 18, 20, and 22 gauge. Expanded polystyrene foam, 3/4" thick, is laid in place for complete coverage and concealed by a 24 gauge back slat (22 gauge back slat optional).
- Endlocks: Endlocks are fitted to each end of alternate slats to achieve slat alignment and to serve as a wearing surface.
- Galvanizing: Zinc coated.
Reinforcement of curtain is achieved by using a bottom track consisting of either extruded aluminum angle or structural steel angle.
Guide and Wall Angle Assembly
- Guides/Wall Angles: Guides can be constructed using steel angles form curtain guides and are bolted to structural steel wall angels. Wall angles of structural steel shall have a minimum thickness of 1/8". Vinyl guide weatherstripping against the flat faced side of the slat is standard (wool pile, brush, or weatherstupping on both sides of the curtain are optional).
-Depth of Guide: To be of appropriate size to allow slat penetration and to restrict horizontal slat movement.
Steel Roll-Up Door construction is designed to withstand windloads of up to 20 PSF in a fully closed position, and can be designed to withstand higher windloads upon request up to 95 PSF.
- Bracket Plates: To support the curtain and the counterbalance mechanism, the bracket plates shall be provided with minimum thickness of 1/4".
- Drive End Bracket Plate: The bracket plate on the drive end is to be fitted with a sealed ball bearing.
- Counterbalance: Housed in a steel pipe, maximum deflection of 0.03" per foot of door width is achieved by having the appropriate diameter and wall thickness.
- Springs: Helical torsion with a 25% overload factor for ease of operation and are greased packed mounted on a cold rolled steel inner shaft.
- Spring Tension: Can be adjusted from outside of end bracket plate.
- Ball Bearing: Sealed in order to minimize wear of pipe shaft rotating around inner shaft.
- Hoods: To completely enclose curtain and counterbalance, hoods shall be provided form #24 U.S. Gauge galvanized steel. Internal vinyl hood baffle is standard.
- Reinforcing: Hoods can be reinforced laterally to prevent sag.
- Intermediate Hood Supports: Provided where door width exceeds 16'.
Operation can be manual chain hoist or electric motor operation. Due to the increased weight of insulated curtains, push-up or crank operation is not recommended.
- Slide Bolts: On bottom track for manual push-up operated doors.
- Integral Gearing: Power operator can serve as an additional locking for the door.
- Hand Chain Lock: Consists of a locking bracket mounted on a guide angle.
Any un-galvanized surfaces will be coated with rust inhibiting metallic primer, except bearings.
Installation to be completed by an authorized representative.
- Endlocks: Continuous endlocks are available.
- Windload: Custom windloads are available.
- Bottom Track: Single steel angle is standard, and double steel angle bottom track is available. Extruded aluminum bottom track is available. Bottom track can be sloped to match contour on finished floor or can be notched to match obstruction on finished floor.
- Sensor Edge: An electronic sensor edge can be added to power operated doors to reverse the door travel upon encountering an obstruction for safety.
- High Cycle Springs: Can be obtained for motorized doors that require 50,000 to 100,000 cycles. Very high cycles in excess of 100,000 are also available.
- Powder Coat Finish: The door can be powder coated in variety of colors.
- Pass Door: Hollow metal pedestrian door within rolling door can be obtained in a 3' x 7' or 3' x 6' 8" size. Hinged to rolling door guide the hollow metal door frame will swing clear of opening when desired. Hardware includes heavy duty hinges and handicap-lever lock set.